Tulbagh – Level 1 Water Restrictions
As a result of the low water level in the Tulbagh dam, Level 1 water restrictions will be implemented in the Tulbagh area.
The Tulbagh dam level is currently at 78% (369 401m3). This is sufficient water for 4-5 months usage. All residents are urged to comply with the measures of the water restriction notice, which was hand-delivered to your post box. Further steps will be taken in cases where these restrictions are not complied with.
Water usage as follows:
This week 2.8Ml/day. Last week 2.6Ml/day.
The tariffs for level 1 restrictions are as follows:
|Tariff Number||Description||Vat Status||Tariff 2020/2021 (VAT inclusive)|
|5.12||Consumption per kilolitre: Restrictions Level 1|
|126.96.36.199||Block A (Residential and smaller commercial clients)|
|0 - 6 kl||15.00%||R 3.24|
|7 - 30 kl||15.00%||R 10.42|
|31 - 60 kl||15.00%||R 10.42|
|61 - 300 kl||15.00%||R 10.42|
|Above 300 kl||15.00%||R 40.00|
|188.8.131.52||Block B (Larger commercial and smaller industrial clients)|
|0 - 300 kl||15.00%||R 13.02|
|301 - 1000 kl||15.00%||R 13.02|
|1001 - 8000 kl||15.00%||R 12.60|
|Above 8000 kl||15.00%||R 12.60|
|184.108.40.206||Block C (Larger industrial clients)|
|Above 20 000 kl per month||15.00%||R 3.80|
TULBAGH: LEVEL 1 WATER RESTRICTION
1. Sufficient water as per water supply schedule.
2. Implement tariffs as per approved budget tariffs.
3. Construction activities are allowed but no unattended hosepipes.
4. Gardens, Sport fields, Parks and other common areas (Public) may not be watered between 10:00 and 14:00. No watering at times of high winds. Boreholes and greywater may be used for irrigation, clear signage to be erected on premises indicating same.
5. Water slides only allowed over weekends.
6. The washing of vehicles with a hosepipe, fitted with an automatic self-closing device. Otherwise, only buckets may be used. Cleaning of windows to be done with buckets.
7. The cleaning of any area (roofs, walls or paved areas) by means of potable water is prohibited. Permit is required where health reasons is applicable.
8. The filling of swimming pools can only be done manually, no automatic top-up systems must be used.
9. Water restrictions become effective immediately after being advertised in the media and in public places.
10. Any person who contravenes these restrictions is guilty of an offence and is, upon conviction, liable to a fine as published in the by-law or six months imprisonment.
11. Secondary offenders will be fined double the amount referred to in 10 above;
12. All owners’ needs to notify the municipality of existing boreholes, the municipality needs to notified before sinking new boreholes.
13. Applications for exemptions are to be submitted to the Department: Technical Engineering Services for approval. Once approved, a written exemption shall be provided and individual applications assessed.
14. Each household shall be limited to 36 kilolitre per month.
15. Other users, businesses and the entertainment industries shall reduce monthly consumption by 10 % of the usage of the similar months of the previous financial year. Failure to comply will result in a fine as published in the by-laws.
16. Industries shall reduce monthly consumption by 10 % of the use of the similar months of the previous financial year. Failure to comply will result in a fine as published in the by-laws.
17. Flow reducing devices shall be installed where the above limits are exceeded. Except for a registered indigent household, the offender will be charged for the cost of the installation.
Mr D Nasson Ref Nr 16/2/1/5
Last published 24 February 2021