Closing Date: 22 July 2019
Salary: R 263 030.81 pa (Post Level T11 (subjected to final TASK approval) of a Grade 4 Municipality)
- National Diploma in Sport Management
- Code EB driving license
- 3 Years relevant experience
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications)
- Good human relations, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with conflict situations and give attention to detail
- High level of responsibility
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Good organisational planning and administrative skills
- Facilitation skills
- Cultural diversity skills
- Good sight, hearing and speech ability.
- Ability to perform manual operations.
- Must work overtime/attend meetings after normal office hours when required
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
Sport Development Officer (83.38KB)
Last published 12 July 2019
- Supports the critical key performance areas of the functionality and provides input into the broader sport development objectives.
- Contributes to the development of a high profile for sport development within the municipal area through effective interaction and publicity of sports opportunities available ensuring that relevant information, support and guidance is accessible.
- Coordinates and implements the day-to-day operations of designated sport programs and activities in accordance with the aims and objectives of local and provincial/national strategic objectives.
- Coordinates and monitors sequences associated with the organisation, reservation and preparation of facilities/amenities (community halls, sport fields, etc.) for public sport functions and/or sport events.
- Promotes participation and awareness of sport development initiatives and programmes in communities.
- Executes actions and attends to requirements associated with sport development programme delivery.
- Use Municipal vehicle for work related tasks and maintain vehicle in good order.
- Attends to the administrative recording, reporting and recordkeeping requirements/procedures.
- Disseminates information on the immediate and shorter term objectives and current developments, problems and constraints.