Closing Date: 19 August 2019
Salary: : R 156 105.78 pa (Post level T 7(subjected to final TASK outcome) of a Grade 4 Municipality)
- Grade 10
- 1 Year relevant electrical experience.
- Code EC1 with PRDP
- Electrical ‘M’ Courses and Cherry Picker experience would be advantageous.
- Good supervision, human relations, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound mathematical and technical skills.
- Ability to give attention to detail, work under pressure and handle conflict.
- Required to work overtime and/or outside normal working hours during emergencies and planned overtime.
- Must perform duties in the whole municipal area and require to work in all weather conditions.
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape, Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
- Perform activities associated with the construction, installations and provision of low voltage electrical networks, connections and services after electricity supply has been terminated
- Receive instructions from the immediate superior and ensure that the instruction is fully understood
- Request the immediate superior to inspect work after completion of instruction(s)
- Under supervision conduct activities and sequences associated with maintaining the functionality of medium and low voltage electrical reticulation systems and carry out maintenance activities on streetlights and related work
- Conduct visual inspections of supporting structures, lines and cables and evaluate the performance of step down transformers, switchgear and associated components and verify findings with the immediate superior.
- Co-ordinate activities and sequences associated with trouble shooting and fault finding and repairs to the medium and low voltage reticulation and electrical system
- Conduct tests to diagnose and determine the nature of the fault and communicate with the immediate superior on the possibility of re-routing supply during major disruption or repair work.
- Communicate with the immediate supervisor and establish material and resources necessary against specific works orders.
- Interact with the Engineering Stores and check allocated components and materials against job cards prior to commencing with loading.
- Perform specific tasks associated with the operation of specialized vehicles and equipment during electrical installation, repair and maintenance activities
- Provide guidelines and specific instructions to personnel with respect to the storage of materials, equipment and the hitching of trailers
- Ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are met during all work related sequences
- Complete internal transactional documentation (e.g. time sheets, log sheet, progress and productivity field report, etc.) and related forms (vehicle checklist) as required
- Insert the relevant information (quantitative/ qualitative) and details of activities in reports.
Specially Trained Person (100.28KB)
Last published 08 August 2019
- Providing guidelines and specific instructions to personnel with respect to the preparation of work site for major and minor works and setting up of traffic signage to alert motorists and the general public.
- Attending to deviations in performance or disciplinary/ conflict issues and counseling personnel to correct/ adjust behavior prior to applying laid down disciplinary procedures.