Closing Date: 25 April 2019
Salary: R 291 576.59 per annum (Post Level T12 of a Grade 4 Municipality)
- Information Technology Diploma (NQF6)
- Code B Drivers’ license.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Server Farm Management
- Computer literacy (MS Office Applications).
- Good management, human relations, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound mathematical and technical skills.
- Ability to give attention to detail and high level of responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle conflict.
- Good sight, hearing and speech ability.
- Required to work in all weather conditions.
- Required to work overtime and/or outside normal working hours during emergencies and planned overtime.
- Must perform duties in the whole municipal area.
- Fluent in 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape, Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
- Ensuring that the network is fully functional and operational to the benefit of all users
- Applying specialist IT knowledge in the operational upkeep of the various systems
- Through professional maintenance ensure the health and stability of all servers ensuring maximum uptime
- Ensure that sufficient disk space for potential server growth is available
- Identify areas in the system that need to be tended to in the interest of better service delivery
- Keep the immediate superior informed when servers need to be upgraded or replaced
- Maintaining all Information Technology services to ensure stable availability at all times
- Tending to any malfunction reported by applying technical knowledge
- Ensuring maximum uptime on all municipal systems and applications through continued monitoring of operational efficiency
- Monitor the computer network and related infrastructure for operational failures
- Analyze problems experienced on the network and decide on remedial action that will have the least effect on operational availability
- Testing and installing new services after ascertaining and determining operational the correct functioning of it
- Ensure that the new services are compliant to municipal security and integration standards
- Ensure that the service is compatible to the back-up system and DRP Plan
- Ensuring that the security system is maintained and updated at all times
- Ensuring that the User Management Policy is adhered to at all times
- Ensuring that the highest level of security is maintained at all times
Senior Information Technology Officer: Technician (92.82KB)
Last published 09 April 2019
- Ensuring that internet security protection is fully functional
- See to it that security protection will safeguard the system against possible internal and external attacks
- To assist the internet security, ensure the following is installed and working as assisting peripherals: Firewalls , Proxy Servers , Web Servers, DNS Servers and DHCP Servers