Closing Date: 11 June 2021
Salary: : R 482 185, 84 per annum (Post Level T15 of a Grade 4 Municipality)
- Appropriate tertiary Degree in Internal Auditing (NQF 7); Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or studying towards CIA will be advantageous.
- Compliant with the relevant Municipal Minimum Competency Levels Legislation as prescribed will be an advantage.
- Code B driver’s license (Must have own transport)
- Computer literacy in MS office and Auditing Applications and knowledge of Barnowl Audit software will be an advantage.
- 5-6 years of relevant auditing experience, and at least three years of staff management.
- Proficient in the application of the International Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Proficient in the application of Governance, Risk and Control, critical thinking and the application thereof in local government.
- Proficient in Internal Audit Delivery by applying the audit methodology to meet objectives, supervise the execution of audit engagement, present findings and draft report within budget.
- Proficient in the selection and application of appropriate tools and techniques to data gathering, analysis and interpretation.
- Proficient in the practice of professional ethics and the application of the IIA code of ethics.
- Dealing with people, understanding human relations and maintaining satisfactory relations with auditee.
- Knowledge of King Reports (Governance), COSO, COBIT and relevant Local Governance Legislation.
- Analytical skills, organisation of data skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and manage staff and must be willing to travel and work after hours.
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
Job Purpose: To manage the audit functionality, direct the audit teams, and report directly to Chief Audit Executive (CAE). Developing audit plans and manage stakeholder relationships, staff, planning, execution and reporting of audits to ensure compliance with the approved Internal Audit Methodology. Assessing current practices and advising the organisation accordingly. To advise and provide independent assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Municipality's governance, risk management and internal control systems to Executive Management. Audit Committee and Council on the achievement of Councils objectives, adding value and improve the municipality's functions and disciplines.
Manager: Internal Audit (115.44KB)
Last published 28 May 2021
- Providing assistance to the CAE in determining the internal audit coverage and identify the auditable areas, describe scope and objectives of the auditable areas for the current year
- Providing independent assurance on the assessment of governance and legislative compliance processes
- Managing the delivery of the approved Internal Audit Plan that consists of assurance services, consuming services, and legislative requirements. In compliance with the professional and operational expected outcomes as per the approved Internal Audit Methodology and the Standards of the Institute of Internal Audit (IlA)
- Review audit execution to ensure that the audit conclusions are aligned with audit objectives, based on a complete understanding of the process and ensuring that the audit conclusions are well documented
- Manage the audit team assigned to engagements through monitoring, providing guidance and overall review of the deliverables
- To disseminate clear, concise information on the results pertaining to audit engagements and Information pertaining to key performance areas
- Manage the performance of the audit team to ensure adequate focus on professional growth, continuous professional developments, emerging trends and technologies in the profession
- Manage the operational and professional outcomes associated with the functions related to audit project management